Twitter
Advertisement

Five cases of fire in Ahmedabad

No loss of lives were reported, says Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Service Department

Latest News
Five cases of fire in Ahmedabad
(Clockwise) An Indica car caught fire while crossing Mithakali bridge; a bus that was parked outside Karnavati club caught fire, a major fire broke out at a jute godown in Shahpur
FacebookTwitterWhatsappLinkedin

Five incidents fire — including two in vehicles, one in a house, an estate and a godown — were reported across Ahmedabad on Tuesday. No loss of lives were reported, Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Service (AFES) Department said.

The AFES control room received the first call at around 10.36 am, saying that a major fire broke out at a jute godown the Shahpur Darwaja slums. An official of the seven firemen teams, which rushed to the spot, said the godown was surrounded by shanties. It was very difficult for the rescue team to find itsd way through, the official said.

The fire spread quickly because of the densely packed shanties around the godown. Four other fire vehicles had to be deployed to douse the blaze. Rajesh Bhatt, Additional Chief fire officer of AFES, said: "No casualty was reported in the incident. A short circuit in the wires might have caused the fire."

The second call came to the AFES at around 11 am, reporting a fire at Madhura estate on Odhav Ring Road. Two fire engines were rushed to the spot and experts are trying to detect the cause.

The third fire was reported from the engine of a BRTS bus that was parked outside Karnavati club at around 11.12am. The bus works for the Airpot Shuttle Services. Two AFES teams doused the fire.

"It seems that the engine got overheated and somehow came in contact with a wire," said Bhatt.

The fourth incident was reported at around 3.35pm from Mithakali. According to a fire officer, an Indica car caught fire while crossing the Mithakali bridge. The driver stopped and got out of the car as soon as he saw the smoke. Two fire engines that reached the spot doused the fire.

The final call came to the contro room at around 4.35pm. A minor fire was reported from one of the bungalows at Ambikanagar Society in Insanpur. The fire started because of gas leaking. No casualty was reported. A fire team was sent to the spot.

Find your daily dose of news & explainers in your WhatsApp. Stay updated, Stay informed-  Follow DNA on WhatsApp.
Advertisement

Live tv

Advertisement
Advertisement