Karnataka Police today informed a special NIA court here that test identification parade of Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal, arrested in connection with the 2010 blasts at Bangalore's Chinnaswamy Stadium, would be conducted on January 31.
In a communication sent to district judge IS Mehta, police said investigation in the April 17, 2010 blasts case is going on and Bhatkal's TIP is scheduled to be done on January 31, according to court sources.
The sources also said Karnataka Police has informed the court that after the conclusion of TIP proceeding, Bhatkal would be produced before it.
The special court, on January 17, had remanded Bhatkal in custody of Karnataka Police till today in connection with the blasts that took place hours before an IPL cricket match between Royal Challengers and Mumbai Indians.
Fifteen people, including some security personnel, were injured in the low-intensity blasts.
During the in-chamber hearing today, Bhatkal's close aide Asadullah Akhtar was produced before the court and the judge extended his judicial custody till February 10.
Karnataka Police had earlier informed the court that a magisterial court in Bangalore had issued a production warrant against 30-year-old Bhatkal in connection with the case in which other suspects of the banned IM, including one of its co-founders, Riyaz Bhatkal, and Fasih Mehmood, are accused.
Mehmood has been arrested.
Both Bhatkal and Akhtar were arrested by NIA from the Indo-Nepal border on the night of August 28 last year.
Bhatkal, who hails from Bhatkal village in Udupi district of north Karnataka, was involved in a string of terror attacks in Ahmedabad, Surat, Bangalore, Pune, Delhi and Hyderabad, the NIA had said.
Bhatkal, who was earlier associated with the banned Students Islamic Movement of India, is alleged to have hatched a conspiracy with others to wage a war against India.