A. Monsoon watch for 6th June:
(According to Indian Meteorological Department’s Special Daily Weather Report)
- Southwest monsoon has set in over Kerala today.
- The southwest monsoon has further advanced into most parts of South Arabian Sea and Kerala, remaining parts of Maldives-Comorin areas, some parts of Tamil Nadu, most parts of Southwest Bay of Bengal and some parts of West central Bay of Bengal.
- Conditions are becoming favorable for further advance of Southwest Monsoon into remaining parts of south Arabian sea, some parts of Central Arabian sea, remaining parts of Kerala, some parts of South Karnataka, some more parts of Tamil Nadu and Bay of Bengal during next 2-3 days.
- Conditions continue to remain favorable for further advance of Southwest monsoon into some parts of Northeastern states during next 48 hours.
B. Monsoon outlook for the next 4 days:
- Rain showers would occur at many places over Northeastern states and Sub-Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim and at isolated places over Gangetic West Bengal.
- Rain showers would occur at many places over Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Kerala and at a few places over rest south peninsular India.
- Rain showers would occur at isolated places over Jammu & Kashmir.
- Weather would be mainly dry over rest of the country.