Residents of Worli's Campa Cola Compound continue to have sleepless nights as they await for the Supreme Court's hearing of a fresh plea on the matter on Tuesday.
They have also written to civic chief Sitaram Kunte, requesting him not to take any action till then. "We have requested the BMC not to start the demolition process, on humanitarian grounds till the apex court hears our plea on Tuesday," said Vidya Srinivas, a resident.
The letter sent by the SC lawyer representing the society has also been marked to the deputy chief engineer, and in-charge of building proposal.
"Given the conditions and problems of so many residents, it was difficult for us to vacate the flats at such a short notice. We are hoping something positive will come out from the hearing," said Nandini Mehta, another resident.
Assistant municipal commissioner of G north ward Sharad Ughade, said as decided by the civic body, the staff will be present at the ward to collect keys from residents. "If we do not get the keys by June 2, we will then decide the next course of action, " said Ughade.
Kunte, however, said, any further decision on the issue will be taken after the court's order.
So far, not a single set of keys to the illegal flats have been submitted to the civic body.