You must be relieved...
Absolutely. I just stepped out of the gurudwara.
So who was there at the hearing?
Mr N Srinivasan, Mr Arun Jaitley and Mr Niranjan Shah were present. Also, there was Professor Ratnakar Shetty and Mr Ravi Sawani. And someone was taking down whatever was being spoken.
So what happened?
All of us (players) were sitting in a small room. One by one, we were taken into a big room where the officials were seated.
First, Amit Singh went and met them. He didn’t say a word after returning. My turn came soon and I walked in confidently. The officials were very nice to me. Mr Srinivasan introduced me as “our Under-19 World Cup hero”. It felt good. I then took my seat.
Mr Jaitley did most of the talking. He told me he knew I had done nothing wrong.
The only problem they had with me was my failure to report Ajit Chandila’s approach.
I told them I had no idea I was taken to bookies. It’s only when the Delhi Police showed me their pictures that I realised they were bookies.
My hearing on Friday lasted barely 10 minutes and I didn’t go back to that room.
I went out of the hotel (ITC Maurya Sheraton) and my folks drove me home.
Did you speak to the others?
Not really. We just exchanged pleasantries. What would I talk about?
When did you know you had been let off?
I saw it on the TV. Later, I heard the BCCI sent out a press release. I was relieved but not surprised. I knew I hadn’t done anything wrong.
What next? Are you planning to celebrate?
What is there to celebrate. I just want to fly back to Mumbai and start training and playing.
There’s more good news for you. While the Vidarbha Cricket Association has shut its doors on you, the Mumbai Cricket Association has welcomed you back..
Yeah, I know. I just want to play for Mumbai now (Singh could take the place of Ankeet Chavan; both are left-arm spinners).
- India's counter-attack: Selective risks
- Crisis deepens for David Moyes after Newcastle defeat
- India ring in changes after opening ODI loss vs South Africa; Yuvraj Singh, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohit Sharma dropped
- Last-gasp win for India colts
- Mario Balotelli's late stunner saves AC Milan from defeat
- Jharkhand's wake up call for Mumbai
- Franck Ribery scores twice as Bayern Munich win 7-0 at Bremen
- Sachin Tendulkar lucky to have not faced West Indies pace greats: Imran Khan
- Luis Suarez show just keeps rolling along Liverpool
- Graeme Smith released from South Africa's ODI squad to focus on India Test series
You must be relieved...
Real Madrid tell Gareth Bale to stay on the right
It's a victory for cricket: Jagmohan Dalmiya
- Delhi Assembly elections result 2013: BJP, AAP war it out, Sheila Dikshit silently retreats - 9 hours ago
- Sofia Hayat eliminated from 'Bigg Boss 7' - 1 day ago
- Madhya Pradesh assembly elections won by BJP, Congress loses by a wide margin - 8 hours ago
- Chhattisgarh Assembly elections result 2013 - BJP defeats Congress in Chhattisgarh riding on Raman Singh's popularity - 9 hours ago
- Assembly elections 2013: Counting underway in four states amid tight security - 15 hours ago