Pune: A press release issued by the Election Commission of India (ECI) said that in the absence of Voter ID cards, people have been allowed to produce the following 10 documents for providing their identity, provided their name is in the electoral roll.
- Driving license
- Service Identity Cards with photographs issued to employees by Central, State Govt, Public Sector Undertakings, Public Limited Companies.
- Passbooks with Photograph issued by Bank or Post Office
- PAN card
- Aadhar card
- Smart Card issued by Registrar General of India(RGI) under National Population Register
- Pension order with photo
- MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Gurantee Act Job Card
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
For those who don't know if their name is there or not and if it is there where they can cast your vote visit : https://ceo.maharashtra.gov.in/Search/SearchPDF.aspx to find out in just a few easy steps.
The ECI order to this effect is available on https:// ceo.maharashtra.gov.in.