Home »  News »  India »  Mumbai

One dies as fire breaks out at a Wagle Estate building

Wednesday, 12 March 2014 - 6:04am IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: dna

A fire which broke out at Morar Ashish building at Wagle Estate on March 11 at around 1.20am claimed one person's life. The cause of the fire that broke out on the sixth floor is still yet to be known.

Santosh Kadam, senior official from Thane Municipal Corporation says, "We do not know the excact cause of fire. When we came to know about the fire, we rushed to the spot and helped the victims to take him to the hospital to Thane civil hospital."

The fire broke out on sixth floor. As it was late night the resident did not came to know about it. It was only when the smoke had engulfed the entire building, did the residents noticed the fire.

The eye- witnesses said, that the sixth floor was full of so much smoke that even the stairs could hardly been seen. Few residents rushed to the ground floor, fearing that the fire might spread to other floors also. The fire was extinguished after an hour with the help of one fire engine and four water tankers. The victim's parents were at some relative's place, when the fire broke out. They were called and told about the incident. After the postmortem, the body was handed over to his relatives.

Wagle Estate police official says, "We have registered two Fir one for ADR (accidental death) and another for sudden fire. The official are yet to trace the exact cause of fire." He also added that the victim had died due to suffocation.

Jump to comments

Recommended Content