Home »  News »  India »  Mumbai

4 men rob jewellery worth Rs6L from Chinchpokli house

Sunday, 25 May 2014 - 7:05am IST | Agency: dna

Four unknown men allegedly barged into the house of a 31-year-old house wife in Chinchpokli in broad daylight and brutally assaulted her before fleeing from the spot with valuable worth Rs 6 lakhs on Friday morning. Kalachowky police have registered case of trespassing and robbery and have launched a manhunt for the accused.

On Friday afternoon at around 2:30 pm four unknown men allegedly visited the house of victim Sushma Surve, a resident of Sankalp building near Chinchpokli station. Surve's was alone at home when the incident took place, as her husband Sandeep Surve was away for work and their daughter was in Surat for a match. According to Kalachowky police the accused enquired with the victim whether the flat belongs to Surve's when the victim answered in affirmative, they forcefully entered in to her house. As soon as the house one of the accused allegedly kicked her in the stomach and even before Surve could react, another accused gagged her mouth with a T-shirt and rest tied her hand. Surve informed the police that she was attacked with a grinding stone on her head due to she fell unconscious.

Around 5 pm when the complainant Shweta Patil's daughter went to Surve's flat, she saw the victim lying on the floor with blood all around. She immediately informed her mother, who called up the police and rushed Surve to KEM hospital. Harshala Patil, neighbour of Surve said " All the doors on the floor was open that day, including Surve's but we did not hear any noise and neither we came to know that such incident has happened". She further added " We all have been living here for years now, but never such incident happened in our building".

Bhausaheb Gite, Senior Police Inspector, Kalachowky police station said " We have already launched a manhunt for the accused, and are enquiring with locals of they saw a group of people leaving the building at that time". He further added " We have not yet recorded Surve's statement as she is still recovering at KEM hospital, things will be more clearer once we have her statement". Gite also stated that there was no CCTV cameras in the building which makes the police job a bit more difficult.

Jump to comments

Recommended Content