Three hardcore Maoists, including two women, who were allegedly involved in the deadly Jiram valley and Tadmetla Maoist attacks, surrendered on Monday in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bastar district.
The surrendered rebels said that they were frustrated due to discrimination and exploitation of lower level cadres and women by senior cadres from Andhra Pradesh, the SP said.
Those who surrendered were identified as deputy commander of military platoon II of the Central Regional Command of the outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist) Chaitram Salaam alias Prakash (25), his wife Manjula alias Kamla (21) who was also an active member of the same group and Rajni (22), a member of the Madanwada Local Guerrilla Squad, he said, adding that they are all natives of Kanker district.
They were allegedly involved in executing several deadly Maoist operations including the attack on a Congress 'Parivartan Rally' convoy in Jiram valley of Bastar's Darbha region last year, which killed at least 31 people, including Pradesh Congress chief Nandkumar Patel and other senior party leaders, the SP said.
Allegedly they were also involved in killing 76 troopers in Tadmetla (now in Sukma district) in 2010 and killing CISF personnel in Damanjodi of Koraput (Odisha) in 2009, he said.
The surrendered Maoist cadres will be rehabilitated as per Chhattisgarh state government's policy and necessary assistance would be provided to them, he said.
Interrogation of the surrendered Maoists may reveal crucial details in connection with the Jiram valley attack, which is being probed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Chaitram was closely associated with top Maoist leaders who played an important role in orchestrating attacks on Congress leaders, sources said.