Narendra Modi on Sunday was addressing the BJP National Council Meet in Delhi.
Here are highlights from the speech:
* Before this election, the nation was never in such a poor condition.
* India has never been so leader-less.
* Congress workers came to Delhi seeking a PM candidate and they returned with 3 cylinders of LPG.
* Congress session was a way to save their party. How to save the party was the issue they discussed.
* In 2004, Congress Parliamentary Party did not pick Manmohan Singh to be PM, but Madam Sonia Gandhi. Sonia Gandhi nominated Manmohan Singh and he was made PM. You can't escape with these talks of Parliamentary panel.
* See a human reason for Congress decision. When defeat is imminent, will any other mother sacrifice her son?
* Nowadays there is a lot being spoken about 'chai-walas', a lot of 'chai-walas' in the nation are moving around proudly.
* Congress, which is led by such an influential family, is fighting with a tea vendor today.
* They are Naamdar, but I am Kaamdar.
* We mustn't take regional aspirations as a burden on our country, instead it can be a opportunity for the country's growth.
* I want that PM and CMs of all states be part of one team and take the country forward together.
* Bad governance responsible for problems facing the country, we want to move forward with good governance.
* Country needs development and delivery, heard a lot about need to act but now time for real action.
* In the last 10 years PM only formed committees, but now country needs commitment not committees.
* Need to lay importance on participative democracy than on representative democracy.
* Until we talk of the poor there is no fun, they think. We don't sleep well thinking of the plight of the poor.
* They believe money doesn't go on trees. We believe it grows in farms and is the result of labour.
* They want to divide and rule, we want to unite and progress. They think of how to save party, we want to save nation.
* They think only those with Congress in heart will win, we think only those with Bharatmata in their heart will get a ticket.
* I appeal to the people of nation, you gave the nation to them for 60, give us the opportunity of just 60 months and see.
* There should be a price stabilisation fund to ensure that there is always food in the plate of the poor.
* If Atal Bihari Vajpayee could do it, I promise you the BJP govt of 2014 will stop inflation.
* Narendra Modi suggests rainbow strategy: Preseve land, forests, water and innovate its use.
* Black money hoarded abroad will be brought back, used for development, welfare of the people, country.
* We have such an extensive railways. It's sad how it has been neglected.
* We have to move forward with a mission 'beti bachao, beti padhao'.
* We have to change our outlook towards women as just homemakers, we must look at them as nation builders.
* We should also develop the twin city concept. Like New York-New Jersey. We can benefit from it.
* We can help India become a global brand with: Talent, trade, tradition, tourism and technology.
* My idea of India is 'Satyameva Jayate'.
* The victory in elections takes birth in every polling booth. It is our duty to worry about every polling booth.
* When there is a chaiwallah on the battlefield the nation will willingly fill our coffers.