1. Children get Hilsa fish, dessert for midday meal: Among the flow of poor implementation of government schemes, this is an event that is sure to bring smiles. In a school in East Midnapore district in West Bengal, the teachers arranged for a mid day meal for children that had Hilsa fish, rice, sweets and Mishti Doi (sweet curd). There are five teachers in this school and the children belong to parents who are daily wage labourers.
2. CBI fails to locate Visitors' register book in Saradha scam investigation: The CBI is finding it difficult to get hold of the visitor's book at the Midland Park office of Saradha group, a company that has been involved in one of the biggest chit fund scams in recent times. CBI, after questioning Sudipto Sen, came to know that the company used to note in the visiotr's register book all those who visited the office. CBI thinks this note book could lead them to the famous faces involved in the scam. However, the CBI is not being able to trace the book. The West Bengal police had searched the office at least 11 times after the scam came into light, but their seizure list does not mention the register as well.
3. Zarina Bibi threatened in Labhpur: The murder case of three brother is Labhpur in which Trinamool MLA Monirul Islam is a prime accused took a new turn with Zarina Bibi, the mother of the three brothers killed was threatened by Islam's supporters. The supporters also threatened the fourth brother from giving statement in the case, who was also present in the murder scene and had fled to save his own life.
4. Update on Labhpur case: Govt yet to reply to the High Court's questions: The government has not yet replied to the High Court regarding the case though the deadline is over. The High Court had raised questions regarding the case last month. Zarina Bibi had mentioned Islam's name in her statement, but the chargesheet prepared by the police does not mention him. The court asked the reason for this, adding why there should not be a CBI investigation in the case. The state has not yet submitted its answers to the Court.
5. Kolkata is preparing in full swing for Durga Pujo: The city of joy is preparing itself for what is undoubtedly its biggest festival: Durga Pujo. 24 Ghanta brings you the story of how the idols are being sculpted now in Kumartuli in Kolkata. The rains have slowed down the work but not dampened the spirit of the thousands of artists working here.