AHMEDABAD: At a meeting on Tuesday between officials of the directorate of technical education and HR personnel of Tata Motors, it was clarified that the company will give preference to engineering diploma holders and industrial training institute (ITIs) students of the state while recruiting personnel for jobs that needed those qualifications.
Engineering graduates of the state will get no such privilege because Tatas intended to recruit engineers on a national level.
Ever since the Tatas decided to shift the Nano project to Sanand in Gujarat, speculation has been rife regarding the new job opportunities that would be available to engineering students and engineers of the state.
Tata Motors' officials had a meeting with a team headed by the director of technical education, Manish Bhardwaj, and also had meetings with the principals of LD College of Engineering and the Government Polytechnic College, Ahmedabad, to discuss what privileges could be offered to engineering students in Gujarat.
Joint director of technical education, KM Shah, said, "At the meeting, Tatas'
HR personnel gave clarifications on their personnel
requirements and also made an assessment of the number of engineers they needed in Gujarat."
- Tehelka sexual assault case: Tarun Tejpal sent to judicial custody for 12 days
- Red alert: Supreme Court ruling offers no beacon of hope for self-styled leaders
- Court has respected sentiments of millions of Indians and declared homosexuality a crime: Baba Ramdev
- Supreme Court verdict must be respected by government: Kapil Sibal
- UPA Government has a majority, no question of early polls: Kamal Nath
- Anna Hazare's indefinite fast for Jan Lokpal Bill enters second day
- Is it a crime that a child is born a lesbian or gay? activists ask Supreme Court
- Only 34% of graduates are employable: Survey
- ISRO successfully performs first Trajectory Correction Manoeuvre on Mars Orbiter
- Supreme Court makes gay sex punishable offence, Baba Ramdev feels happy with verdict as Twitter expresses outrage
- Will dance on 'Besharam' song at Ranbir Kapoor's wedding: Katrina Kaif - 15 hours ago
- AAP, BJP ready for fresh poll, Congress to back AAP? - 16 hours ago
- Supreme Court makes gay sex punishable offence, Baba Ramdev feels happy with verdict as many express outrage on Twitter - 5 hours ago
- Love Salman Khan for promoting 'Dhoom 3' in 'Bigg Boss': Aamir Khan - 15 hours ago
- South Africa vs India, 3rd ODI: Either rain or courageous show from MS Dhoni & Co. will save India from drubbing - 7 hours ago