What’s in your make-up bag?
A lip-tint, which also serves as a cheek stain, lip balm, facewash, moisturiser and a kohl pencil.
What’s your skincare routine?
It’s important to have a balanced diet, eat well and at the same time it depends on how you treat your skin externally. I usually start my day with a glass of lukewarm water, lemon and honey and use a good moisturiser and sunblock before stepping out of the house. Before I retire to bed, I remove all my make-up, moisturise, cleanse and tone my skin.
What’s your go-to beauty look for a red carpet event?
I personally like to go heavy on the eyes with a kohl, mascara/ smudged eyeliner and soft on the lips. But sometimes it also works vice-versa. I really feel it’s important to have a balanced look.
What do you think is sexy, beauty-wise?
The right attitude to carry-off anything is always sexy.
Who were your idols growing up?
Nobody till date has matched what Madhubala, Waheeda Rehman and Nafisa Ali have created back then. Even so, Priyanka Gandhi is so simple in her dressing; I haven’t seen her with any make-up or accessories, but yet she looks so graceful and breathtaking.
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve tried in the name of beauty?
Earlier in my career, I had a TV shoot, where I got the make-up artist to use every product he had in his vanity case. Heavy eyes, heavy lips, bright cheeks, it was a disaster.
What product do you turn to for a beauty boost?
Mascara, it goes with everything. It opens up your eyes and goes with every look. Also a good moisturiser for your skin; I use Clarins since its light on the skin and not sticky.
What is your monsoon must-have beauty product?
It’s important to take care of your skin and hair during the monsoons. I oil my hair regularly and steam my face which helps in a really big way.
Do you have a signature fragrance?
For the day, Forever and Ever Dior, since its floral and light.
Your fav lipwear, mascara, and compact and foundation
Lipwear — MAC or L’Oreal, Mascara — Maybelline Volum’ Express Mascara, Compact — has to compliment the base, so, if I use Chanel as the base, I compliment it with a Chanel compact and same for Bobbi Brown, Foundation — I like experimenting with foundation.
Do you gravitate toward a lip colour and if so, which shade?
I use a soft orange tint which gives a mild look, very natural and goes with every look.
What’s your favourite beauty moment?
My look in Vicky Donor was my favorite beauty moment because many people complimented me.
Do you think it’s important to stick with a signature look?
Not at all. It’s all about experimenting with new looks, styles, clothes, trends etc. But at the same time one should not go over-board and try too hard, yet maintain your identity.
Are you good at applying your own make-up?
Yes, I’m pretty comfortable with applying my own make-up.
What’s your ultimate beauty tip?
Stay natural. The less you tamper with your skin the better it will work for you. It’s very important to pamper your skin on a weekly basis.
What’s the best beauty advice you’ve ever received?
This was told to me by my mother; Stay happy and drink lots of water. These two elements help you get a glow on your face and you don’t age fast as well.
One beauty elixir you can’t live without.
Your secret beauty trick
When I’m really tired and worked up, I either use a refrigerated tea bag or cucumber slices for my eyes to get rid of the puffy eyes.
- Hrithik Roshan announces separation from wife Sussanne
- Film review: 'The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug' is a must watch for fans of the series and books
- Film Review: 'What The Fish' presents Dimple Kapadia in top form
- Tom Cruise's former publicist asked him to 'tone down' Scientology talks
- It was my dream to meet Shah Rukh Khan: Sunny Leone
- 'Savita Bhabhi Movie' makers launch English version of film that is set to go to Hollywood
- Kate Winslet surprised by Golden Globe nomination
- Deepika Padukone thanks fans for success
- Kapil Sharma features in Forbes India's 'celebrity 100' list
- Film review: In 'Jackpot' Sunny Leone reminds us of Katrina Kaif in 'Boom'!
What’s in your make-up bag?
- Delhi LIVE: BJP rejects offer to form government, Lt Governor invites Aam Aadmi Party for discussions - 23 hours ago
- Hrithik Roshan announces separation from wife Sussanne - 1 hour ago
- Bigg Boss 7: Sunny Leone to turn up the heat as Armaan, Kushaal, Sangram & Ajaz vie for her attention - 23 hours ago
- General VK Singh and AAP leader Gopal Rai lock horns at Anna Hazare's fast in Ralegan Siddhi - 6 hours ago
- Salman Khan unveils 'Jai Ho's trailer - 11 hours ago