Stella McCartney was the big winner at the British Fashion Awards, taking home two major awards, it has been revealed.
The designer daughter of Sir Paul McCartney and mother-of-four was awarded Designer of the Year and Designer Brand of the Year at a star-studded event at London’s Savoy hotel, the Daily Mail reported.
The double win follows a momentous year for McCartney, most notably her Team GB kit designs for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Among the winners of the 14 other awards recognising talent across the fashion industry were Erdem, Nicholas Kirkwood, Roksanda Ilincic and JW Anderson.
Cara Delevingne was named Model of the Year, and Alexa Chung was once again given the British Style Award, which is voted by the public.
The winners at the British Fashion Awards are:
- British Style brought to you by Vodafone: Alexa Chun
- Outstanding Achievement in Fashion: Manolo Blahnik CB
- Emerging Talent Award (Ready-To-Wear): J.W. Anderso
- Emerging Talent Award (Accessories): Sophie Hulm
- Emerging Talent Award (Menswear): Jonathan Saunder
- Special Recognition: Harold Tillman CB
- Red Carpet Award: Roksanda Ilinci
- Accessory Designer: Nicholas Kirkwoo
- Designer Brand: Stella McCartney
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator: Louise Wilson OB
- New Establishment: Erde
- Model: Cara Delevingn
- Menswear Designer: Kim Jones for Louis Vuitto
- Designer of the Year: Stella McCartney