Stars don't always fade away; often they shine even brighter and bring in newer generations into their fan club. Legendary film star, producer and director Dev Anand visited New Delhi last week and was mobbed from the moment he landed till he left. The occasion was a three-day festival by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to mark the 60th anniversary of his company Navketan.
The ministry held a mini-festival of his films, including Guide, Jewel Thief and Taxi Driver. The opening film was the colourised version of Hum Dono.
Nearly 1000 people crammed the 500-seater Siri Fort auditorium and each wanted to shake his hand or get his autograph. Some wanted to recite his dialogues in his inimitable style, others, who barely were out of their teens, spoke about all the films they and their parents had seen and loved.
The star was thrilled with the response, especially at the pin-drop silence with which the audience watched the 1961-classic which looks even better coloured.
An overwhelmed Dev Anand spoke warmly about his relationship with his audiences over the past six decades. He told them about his newest venture Chargesheet, which is on the floors right now and will release in a few months.
- Kardashians' Xmas card bears subtle imagery tied to Illuminati
- Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis engaged?
- It's never over till it's over
- Orlando Bloom dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler?
- Ranbir Kapoor gets jealous when co-actors perform well
- There's no one like him: Dimple Kapadia on Rajesh Khanna
- After doing acrobatic dance moves in 'Malang' with Katrina Kaif, Aamir Khan tap dances solo for 'Dhoom:3'
- Mumbai court orders fresh trial in Salman Khan hit-and-run case
- First ar** now b**bs!
- Beyonce Knowles and Jay Z accept challenge to go vegan
- 'Fast & Furious' remember Paul Walker with heartfelt tribute video on YouTube - 16 hours ago
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in four of five states - 19 hours ago
- India's truncated tour to set Cricket South Africa back by $20 million - 19 hours ago
- In-form MS Dhoni and his boys seek first series win on bouncy South African pitches - 20 hours ago
- It was like being in a horror movie: Javed Akhtar - 14 hours ago