T-Mobile CEO brushes off Sprint take-over rumors

Thursday, 9 January 2014 - 12:14pm IST | Agency: ANI

T-Mobile CEO John Legere has said the company is positioning itself for a long life as an independent brand.

The comments from Legere sent signal that the company is not interested in teaming up with competitor Sprint.

According to CNET, Legere said that his company is not interested in being gobbled up by another competitor.

At the end of last year, there were rumors that Sprint, the third largest carrier in the US, was putting together a proposal to buy T-Mobile, the fourth largest carrier, the report said.

T-Mobile announced an important deal with Verizon Wireless to swap T-Mobile's higher frequency spectrum for lower frequency spectrum owned by Verizon Wireless, it added. 


Jump to comments

RELATED

Around the web