Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday inaugurated a 765 KV transmission line in Ranchi. Speaking at the event, Modi said "Jharkhand state has the capability to be among India's most developed states. Be it East or West, North or South, the development of India must be balanced. Avenues of development in the East must increase."
Modi also asked the people of Jharkhand, which goes to polls this year, to elect a government with clear majority, saying he has been able to take quick decisions one after another because BJP enjoys a majority. Inaugurating a clutch of projects, Modi told a public meeting here that Jharkhand has the potential to become developed many times more than Gujarat but had not lived up to expectations because of fractured verdicts people gave in assembly elections. Jharkhand Chief Minister and JMM leader Hemant Soren shared the dais with Modi and faced some jeers from the audience when he spoke.
Modi speaking at the inauguration ceremony.
— Yuva TV (@YuvaiTV) August 21, 2014
Highlights of Narendra Modi's speech:
- Earlier, when I used to come to Jharkhand I would talk about development and always kept these issues before you. I thank the people of Jharkhand for the support I have been given.
- I am here to return the love you have given with interest and I will be returning it in the form of development.
- If I can say from my experience of Gujarat, Jharkhand state has a capability of moving ahead of Gujarat and has the capability to be among India's most developed states.
- Atal ji created Jharkhand with a dream that this land, with rich natural resources, will benefit the nation too. Together we have to change things. With several development initiatives we have to take Jharkhand towards progress.
- There should be a gas grid in the east, the Jagdishpur-Phoolpur-Haldia gas pipeline will ensure that gas reaches every house
- Together we have to strive towards changing Jharkhand through development projects. This transmission line will not only bring the energy, but it will also connect the east region with the west. I believe, if we want to make India a great country, if we want to take it to greater heights, no part of the country should be weak.
- When we have to take India ahead, we have to ensure that no part of the country is left behind. Be it east or west, north or south, the development of India must be balanced. Avenues of development in the east must increase. If we want to take India ahead, we have to take the states ahead.
- Jharkhand state has great opportunities for new avenues. The digital revolution has begun and the government wants to encourage the manufacturing of electrical goods. Electronics manufacturing can give good job opportunities to the youth.
- The youth have immense talent and there is immense scope for development. To give better education to the students of the region, we will soon have an Indian Institute of Technology in Jharkhand.
- With the help of technology, Jharkhand will also make a place in the digital world. Digital India will bring the government in the hands of people.
- We can think of development issues and take decisions quickly because the people have chosen a stable Government.
- How to make the development of Jharkhand state is in the hands of the people and you have see to it that you take the state to new heights.