Twitter

Blaze affects two screens of multiplex in Pune

Latest News
article-main
FacebookTwitterWhatsappLinkedin

A fire broke out at the Fame multiplex located at Jai Ganesh Vision Complex in Akurdi on Thursday midnight. 

Two screens were affected in the blaze.

No one was killed or injured in the incident that took place after the shows were over.

A cat that got trapped behind the multiplex screen was saved by firemen Shantaram Kate, Sushil Pansare and Kashinath Thakare.

The firmen got the cat  admitted to the veterinary clinic  run by the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) for treatment.

Even as the cause of the fire is unconfirmed, authorities suspect that embers from the welding work that was going on at the complex may have started the fire. 

“Repairs of furnitures at the multiplex were going on when the fire broke out around 3.30 am. Hence, this cause cannot be ruled out,” PCMC fire officer Uday Wankhede said.

Labourers carrying out the repair work ran to safety and one Ravindra Chavan alerted the civic officials. 

The fire brigade rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control within 15 minutes.

Find your daily dose of news & explainers in your WhatsApp. Stay updated, Stay informed-  Follow DNA on WhatsApp.

Live tv