Twitter

‘High tension’ sparks trouble

Victim going to drop son at pick-up point of school bus was hurt as she stepped on 11 KVA wire

Latest News
article-main
The 11 KVA electric line on road caused small fire around, near Khirni Phatak area on Tuesday.
FacebookTwitterWhatsappLinkedin

Early morning showers on Tuesday sparked trouble for residents of a colony near Khrini Phatak area in the city when a high tension 11 KVA electric wire snapped. 

It fell on a road and caused a small fire around. A woman who was passing from the area was injured in the accident.

Sources said that the woman, Geeta Devi, who is the wife of an army jawan, was passing through the road to drop her child to the pick-up point of the school bus. Locals said that the live wire was on the road for almost an hour, spreading panic in the area.

According to sources, this had happened as the insulator got burnt. Meanwhile, Geeta Devi was taken to SMS hospital and was being treated for burns. The incident once again brought back unfortunate memories of the Shahpura accident, when a transformer went up in flames, killing more than a two dozen people. Though Tuesday’s incident did not cause harm as the previous one, it showed how vulnerable the people are with overhead wires dangling dangerously. The distcom is yet to act on the loose wires hanging around. 

According to the procedure of the discom, residents will have to approach the electricity company to get the high tension line removed from their area .

In the Khrini Phatak area, there are many colonies near the 200 feet bypass from where high tension lines pass. Unless maintenance work is undertaken, these areas could pose a problem for the residents.

SHOCKING REMINDER

  • The incident once again brought back unfortunate memories of the Shahpura accident 
     
  • In Shahpura, a transformer went up in flames, killing more than a two dozen people
Find your daily dose of news & explainers in your WhatsApp. Stay updated, Stay informed-  Follow DNA on WhatsApp.

Live tv