Twitter

Snake bitten boy carries reptile to hospital

Sandesh Nayak, studying in VI standard, was bitten by the snake when he was playing outside his house in his village.

Latest News
article-main
Representational Image
FacebookTwitterWhatsappLinkedin

In a bizarre incident, a boy bitten by a snake captured the reptile and carried it all the way to a local government hospital where he went for treatment, causing a flutter. Sandesh Nayak, studying in VI standard, was bitten by the snake when he was playing outside his house in his village.

"Normally, people are frightened at the sight of the snake, but my son captured the reptile and carried it in his bag all the way to the government hospital for treatment," Suresh Nayak, father of Sandesh, told reporters.

After getting necessary treatment, the boy, a resident of Belabundar village near here in Uttara Kannada district, was discharged in good health condition. "The hospital staff panicked and were shocked to see Sandesh carrying the snake in his bag after the reptile bit him around his knee," Dr Sumalatha, who treated the boy, said.

"Sandesh was well informed about the dangers of a snakebite. He very well knew sleeping causes venom to spread rapidly all over the body and hence he did not sleep," Nayak said. Sumalatha said the snake was not poisonous, but had caused a deep wound around the boy's knees. "On giving necessary treatment, we found out the boy was not bitten by poisonous snake, but it had caused deep wound around his knee. 

As he responded to the treatment quickly, Sandesh was discharged from the hospital after he recovered fully, the doctor said. The boy, on his arrival to the hospital, refused to set the snake free from his bag, but after the treatment it was released into a nearby forest, the boy's father said. 

Also Read: Homeopathic medicine from snake venom can arrest spread of HIV, claim researchers

Find your daily dose of news & explainers in your WhatsApp. Stay updated, Stay informed-  Follow DNA on WhatsApp.

Live tv