Twitter
Advertisement

Love signs

n Priyadarshan’s ‘Chup Chup Ke’ Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapur’s romance blooms through the sounds of silence

Latest News
Love signs
FacebookTwitterWhatsappLinkedin

Plot: ‘Chup Chup Ke’ is a love story between a deaf and dumb girl (Kareena Kapoor) and a boy (Shahid Kapur) who pretends to be deaf and dumb. Why he pretends to be a deaf and dumb is the secret that is revealed in the climax.

Other cast: Neha Dhupia plays Kareena’s interpreter, Sushama Reddy plays Shahid’s past love.  Om Puri is the patriach of a Gujarati family, while Suniel Shetty, who plays Kareena’s brother, is the serious character in the film. Shakti Kapoor is the housekeeper. Paresh Rawal is unskilled fisherman in whose net Shahid  gets trapped and thereby lands up at his home. Nobody knows who he is or from where he hails because he pretends to be deaf and dumb. Anupam Kher, a school teacher is Shahid’s father, who thinks his son has committed suicide.

Director speak: Priyadarshan describes the film as a romantic comedy with a huge ensemble cast. “The film is full of incidents of which 80 percent is slapstick. The remaining 20 percent of the film gets serious towards the climax. It’s a comedy which a grandfather and his grandchild can sit and watch together.” 

What’s different: Just as Sanjay Bhansali shot ‘Black’ with black as the dominant colour, Priyadarshan has used a lot of white in the film. “There is not a single frame where I have not used white,” says Priyadarshan.       

Unforgetable moments: Says Priyadarshan sarcastically, “When Isha Sharvani walked out of the project after having confirmed her dates for nine months due to ‘date problems’.”  

What makes the movie hot: Undoubtedly, its lead pair, who share more than just a fantastic chemistry off screen. After the dismal performance of ‘Fida’, this film evokes a lot of expectations from love birds Shahid and Kareena.

What else: Says producer Ronnie Screwvala of UTV, “What is interesting is the canvas on which Priyan has mounted the film, which is shot in Goa, Chennai and Mumbai. And coming from the master of comedy (Priyan), this film is definitely going to surprise the audience.”
r_faheem@dnaindia.net

Find your daily dose of news & explainers in your WhatsApp. Stay updated, Stay informed-  Follow DNA on WhatsApp.
Advertisement

Live tv

Advertisement
Advertisement