Narela killing: Delhi Cops suspect gangwar

While the deceased sustained five bullet injuries, police said, locals informed that more than a dozen rounds were fired

Latest News

A suspected gangwar between criminals led to mayhem on the streets of outer Delhi's Narela on Thursday night, where a group of bikers rained bullets on three men, leaving two of them dead. The role of Sandeep Dhilu, who had fled from police custody two days ago in central Delhi, is also being probed.

It was around 8.30 pm, on Thursday, when two men, identified as Govind (25) and Satish (40), were attacked by a group of bikers on the Balbir nursing home road on the Ghewra village carriageway. While both of them died, their associate Mukesh (30), sustained critical injuries.

DCP Rohini, Rajneesh Gupta, said that all of the victims are residents of Bankner village in Narela and have a criminal background. Police suspect the murders are a fallout of a gang rivalry between Jitender Gogi and Tillu gang in the area.

While the deceased sustained five bullet injuries, police said, locals informed that more than a dozen rounds were fired. They also said that the killers not only shot but also stabbed their bodies with a knife.

The victims who belong to the same family were taken to Raja Harishchandra hospital where Govind and Satish were declared dead. Mukesh was later shifted to LNJP hospital.

"One of the deceased had injuries on his face and abdomen, while the other had injuries in his abdomen and chest," said a police officer.

Cops are probing the role of Sandeep Dhillu, who had escaped from police custody in central Delhi last week. Dhillu has been trying to gain supremacy in the areas around Narela and parts of Sonipat. Police are also probing the role of hired killers from Haryana in the murders.

"Govind and Satish were property dealers and had cases of assault and attempt to murder registered against them in Delhi and Haryana. They were suspected to be involved with the Jitender Gogi gang," said a senior police officer.

Family members said they were informed about the murders by someone claiming to be a well-wisher from one of the victims' phones. They suspect one of the killers made the call. The bodies were handed over to their family after autopsy on Friday.

Find your daily dose of news & explainers in your WhatsApp. Stay updated, Stay informed-  Follow DNA on WhatsApp.

Live tv