I am a 35-year-old woman. My lips are very dark in colour. I have tried many home remedies like using a lemon scrub on the lips. I tried this continuously for four days but soon found it too painful. I do not smoke. Please suggest a household remedy. Will applying honey on my lips every night help?
Dark lips are one of the stubborn issues like stretch marks which we as doctors do not have a 100 per cent remedy for. Also, it’s not only a smoker’s lip that can get dark. A few points for you to look at are:
1. Are you taking excessive iron supplements?
2. The lipstick that you are using, make sure it is clean, new and skin friendly.
3. Moisturise your lips a lot with a simple cold cream or a lip balm with bees wax.
1. Do not smack your lips.
2. Do not use an irritant like lemon. It will only worsen your situation and do not use any lip products with petroleum jelly.
I am a 19-year-old girl. I have pimples on both my cheeks and on my forehead. I have tried everything such as No Marks, Himalaya, Ponds, and now I am using Fair & Lovely. My skin is also very oily. Please suggest something.
Whatever you are currently doing is more towards managing the marks than the pimples. If your concern is oily skin and pimples then here are a few things you can do:
1. Make sure your scalp is clean. If you have an oily scalp or a flaky scalp, start using an anti -dandruff shampoo everyday for the next 15 days and use a face wash with Salicylic Acid or Benzoic Peroxide three times a day.
2. Use a Benzoic Peroxide cream/ointment at night.
3. Go see your doctor for a through check-up to make sure your hormonal levels are optimal.
4. If your pimples look infected, you must consult your doctor for a course of antibiotics.
5. As a home remedy, you can use a clay mask or a mask with glycolic acid.
I’m a 29-year-old woman. I have normal to combination skin. I was wondering if I should start getting facials done. Also what kind do you recommend? —Andrea
Facials are good at any age and for all skin types. Just ensure you go to the right place with trained staff. Make sure hygiene is maintained and disposables brushes are used. Ensure the massage strokes are in the right direction and with the right amount of pressure and creams or packs used are right for your skin type.