External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Saturday night said that an Indian national, Father Tom Uzhunnalil has been abducted by terrorists in Yemen.
Swaraj tweeted that the Indian Embassy in Yemen was shut down after the end of operation RAHAT. Although, she further added that the Indian camp in Dijbouti is trying to ascertain the situation so that they can secure the Indian national's release.
The External Affairs Ministry on Friday night had clarified that only one Indian nurse was killed and not four in a terrorist attack in strife-torn Yemen's Aden city.
Earlier, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj had earlier tweeted that four Indian nurses were killed in the attack on Friday asking all Indians living in "danger zones" to return home. She also said the nurses stayed back in Yemen, ignoring advisories by the government.
"Of the four nurses killed in Yemen, only one is Indian named Cecilia Minz," External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Vikas Swarup said.
16 people were killed in Aden when a group of terrorists stormed an elderly care home run by a Kolkata-based Missionaries of Charity and sprayed bullets at the residents.
There are around 80 residents living at the home, which is run by Missionaries of Charity, an organisation established by Mother Teresa. Missionaries of Charity nuns also came under attack in Yemen in 1998 when gunmen killed three nuns in the Red Sea port city of Hodeida.