The person who beheaded American journalist James Foley in a video that was released by Islamist militants fighting in Iraq on Tuesday, has created a stir and raised a lot of questions about his identity. Here are a few details that have emerged.
- The name of Foley's killer in the video is believed to be John, and he is reportedly from London.
- He is reportedly the ringleader of three British jihadists who guard foreign nationals in Raqqa, one of the fortresses of the Islamic State.
- According to people who were held hostage by John, he is intelligent, educated and a devout believer of an extremely radical form of Islam.
- John and his other two British born jihadists are reportedly referred to as “ the Beatles”.
- After listening to his accent, linguistic experts believe he could be from Kent or London but probably has a foreign language background.
- Experts believe John was chosen to create maximum impact in the Western world- a mission that may have already become successful.