Two US generals have been sacked over a deadly Taliban attack on a base in Afghanistan where Prince Harry was stationed.
The head of the US Marine Corps forced the two-star generals to retire for failing to secure the British-run Camp Bastion in Afghanistan's Helmand province.
According to CNN, the assault on Camp Bastion by 15 heavily armed insurgents on September 14 last year resulted in the deaths of two US Marines and the destruction of half a dozen US fighter jets.
The Taliban said at the time that the intended target of the attack was Prince Harry
Marine Commandant Geneneral James Amos has agreed to a finding that Maj. Gen. Charles M. Gurganus and Maj. Gen. Gregg A. Sturdevant did not take adequate force protection measures at Camp Bastion last year.
On September 14-15, 2012, Taliban fighters got through an unguarded part of a fence and engaged in a long running gun battle with U.S. and coalition forces.
Both men have been told to submit their retirement letters.