Home » World

Indian born multimillionaire Gurbaksh Chahal's courtroom drama irks people all over the world

Saturday, 26 April 2014 - 2:12pm IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA Webdesk

Gurbaksh Chahal may have been an inspirations for young Indian students and many others all around the world, however his nasty nature has surfaced after he allegedly attacked his wife and injured her. The 31 year old, Indian born, American internet entrepreneur shocked his followers and fans, when he was arrested in August last year for domestic violence.

In the most recent developments in the year long case, Chahal, a multimillionaire, has been let off by the American officials only with three years of probation, a 52-week domestic violence training course and 25 hours of community service; after having pled guilty to one domestic violence battery and one charge of battery.  

Chahal, a Sikh by religion, was reportedly miffed with his girlfriend when she confessed to have cheated on him with another man on her trip to Las Vegas.  Angry and mad, Gurbaksh thrashed and kicked his girlfriend, Juliet Kakish, over 117 times, over a span of 30 minutes.  His home security videos evidently show the same. 

In August last year, the tycoon was arrested and charged by the San Francisco District Attorney with 45 felonies and 2 misdemeanors for the offence. He however was released soon after, as the video footage of the crime were reportedly sought illegally by the police officials. Soon afterwards, the girlfriend withdrew support from the case proceedings, thus leading to an abrupt termination. 

In April 2014, the case was pulled up again and the judge ruled that the video could not be used as evidence in the trial, thus letting him go with what has been deemed as a 'miniscule charge for an evil crime.' The world criticized the verdict and continues to do so. 

Gurbaksh Chahal's over involvement with Barack Obama's Democratic Party, has also been touted as a reason for the court to have leveraged a rather easy punishment. 

Chahal, reacted on Thursday night. his twitter account carried posts of the man, defending his stance. he said he was guilty and rubbished rumours of the video tape, stating " If there was one(video) it would be out. Don't be foolish in believing everything you read."

"For the past 10 months, there were overblown allegations against me because of my alleged Hig-profile status," he posted on his page. He also said "I maintain my innocence regarding these exaggerated allegations."

The socially active businessman, has been receiving abusive and hurtful comments on his twitter account as well. Surely the crowd is miffed:


Jump to comments

RELATED