An 18-year-old Indian-American student in Philadelphia, whose body was found in her dormitory room in August, died of alcohol poisoning, according to media reports.
Kinara Patel, a sophomore at Villanova University, was found dead on August 29 inside her dormitory room.
The Delaware County medical examiner, whose office released autopsy results on Sunday, has declined to disclose Patel's blood-alcohol content at the time of her death, Philly.com reported.
The undergraduate student was out the night before her death and said to return some time overnight. A friend was in the room with her, police had said.
Villanova spokesman Jonathan Gust refused to confirm if university officials knew where Patel had been drinking. He directed questions about the investigation to Radnor police, who also declined to provide more details.
"We want to make sure everything's tightened up before we go releasing any information," Lt Chris Flanagan said.
Gust called Patel's death a devastating loss for "people that knew her and many others who didn't." Each year, between 1,300 and 1,400 college students die from alcohol-related injuries, including alcohol poisoning and car crashes, according to the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.