Home » World

Hamid Mir says had been receiving threats from 'state and non-state actors'

Friday, 25 April 2014 - 2:55pm IST | Agency: ANI

Senior Pak journalist Hamid Mir, who was critically injured in an armed attack, has said he was receiving threats from the ISI.

The Geo News senior anchorperson said in his first statement after regaining consciousness that his programme 'Capital Talk' on Mama Qadeer Baloch's long march to Islamabad had annoyed the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).

According o the News, Amir Mir, senior journalist and brother of Hamid, read out the statement before the media from outside the hospital in Pakistan.

Amir said that men of some intelligence agency had come to his house, telling him that his name was on the hit-list.

Hamid Mir said he had faced greatest threats from the ISI.

The statement further said that if any harm came to me or my family, the state actors and the incumbent government will be responsible."

Hamid Mir added he had been receiving threats from both state and non-state actors.


Jump to comments