At the Indian GP last week, Sebastian Vettel became a four-time world champion winning the titles on the trot to join Michael Schumacher and Juan Manuel Fangio who were the only men to do the same as him.
At Abu Dhabi on Sunday, Vettel was cheered on by his parents who came to watch as he equalled Michael Schumacher and Alberto Ascati's record of seven race wins in a row as he took the chequered flag.
Vettel who won with a 30 seconds lead from teammate Mark Webber who started on pole but was only able to finish second ahead of Nico Rosberg in third.
In two weeks time in Austin, Texas Vettel will have a chance to better the record held by his childhood hero and friend Michael Schumacher along with Ascari as he will seek to make it eight race wins in a row with two races left in this season.
Vettel is also on course to beat Schumacher's 13 race wins in a season a feat he was unable to eclipse in 2011.
More records in the offering for the 26-year-old is that he can also better his 392 points with which he won his second title two years ago in a dominant season, the most points ever in a season.
The Red Bull driver celebrated equalling the record with some more naughty doughnuts but unlike India he took his car to parc ferme and avoided the penalty.
Currently in red hot form, Vettel seems to be blowing away all his rivals as he clinches an array of records.
Records that Sebastian Vettel holds in F1:
* Most championship points earned in a season
* Most podium finishes in a season
* Most starts from front row in a season
* Most pole positions in a season
* Most laps led in a season
* Most consecutive wins
* Most consecutive Grand Slams
* Most wins from pole position in a season
* Youngest driver to drive at a Grand Prix meeting
* Youngest driver to set fastest time in an official Grand Prix session
* Youngest driver to score points in Formula One
* Youngest race leader in Formula One, for at least one lap
* Youngest Grand Prix pole position winner
* Youngest driver to score a podium position in Formula One
* Youngest Grand Prix winner
* Youngest driver to score a double (pole position and race win)
* Youngest driver to score a triple (pole position, race win, and fastest lap)
* Youngest driver to score a grand slam (pole position, win, fastest lap, and led every lap)
* Youngest Formula One World Drivers' Champion
* Youngest World Drivers' Championship runner-up
* Shortest time elapsed before gaining a penalty