Brazil's World Cup stadium operators have been told to postpone shows and concerts until after football's showpiece event.
The World Cup local organising committee's competition and services manager Frederico Nantes issued the warning Friday after inspecting damage to Fortaleza's Castelao stadium surface following an Elton John concert earlier this month, Xinhua reported.
"The job of the committee is to mitigate risks and provide advice to the host venues to ensure the best possible playing surfaces," Nantes said.
"From now on we hope to have no more shows at World Cup stadiums. We aren't the stadiums' owners but that's our recommendation."
The comments set the local organising committee on a collision course with Castelao officials, who have confirmed Brazilian pop veteran Roberto Carlos will perform at the venue April 5.
Ceara state's special World Cup secretary Ferruccio Feitosa last week guaranteed the Castelao's playing surface would not be affected.
The World Cup will be staged in 12 Brazilian cities from June 12 to July 13.