As per the claims made by the Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC), the work on the much-awaited Bhiwandi-Kalyan-Shil Phata Road will be complete and the road will be thrown open for public use in the next two months.
Currently, the work of widening the two lanes of the carriageway to four lanes is on. Also, a toll naka along with the Katai railway overbridge (ROB) will be built as a part of this project, which is in its final stage of completion.
"The work has been divided into two phases. In the first phase, the strengthening of the existing four lane divided carriageway and widening of the existing two lane carriageway to a four lane divided carriageway of Bhiwandi -Kalyan-Shil Road will be taken up. While the construction of the ROB on the central railway line near Katai Naka will be carried out in phase two," explained a site engineer.
The 22-kilometre long and 23-metre wide Bhiwandi-Kalyan-Shil Phata Road is one of the major links connecting the Mumbai Pune Highway (NH 4) at Shil Phata and the Mumbai-Nashik Highway (NH 3) at Bhiwandi. The road also provides continuity to Mumbai-Ahmedabad Highway (NH 8) through Thane's Ghodbunder Road (SH42).
The major cities located along the stretch of this road are Kalyan, Dombivli and Bhiwandi and the annual average daily passenger traffic on this road is more than 35,000.
There will be two toll posts on this stretch, one at Katai naka and the other at Kongain in Bhiwandi, thus making the payment of toll at any of these posts possible.
The ROB is expected to cost Rs17 crore with its length at 500 metres, width 13.9 metres, and height 13 metres. The work on the project began in October 2008 and will be completed in the next two months. The estimated cost of the entire project is Rs228 crore and according to the officials around 85 % of the work has been completed.
The motorway is one of the major road links connecting the Mumbai Pune Highway (NH 4) at Shil Phata
- Uttarakhand toll reaches 150, PM announces Rs1000 crore aid - 15 hours ago
- Bollywood actress Jiah Khan died of hanging: Postmortem report - 14 hours ago
- Nitish Kumar mocks Narendra Modi's development model, says 'can't accept divisive politics' - 21 hours ago
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer! - 1 day ago
- Sachin Tendulkar to own an Indian Badminton League (IBL) team? - 4 hours ago
- 'Disappointed' Gary Kirsten says South Africa deserve 'chokers' tag after Champions Trophy crash-out - 1 hour ago
- Monsoon havoc claims more lives in north India, toll mounts to 128 - 23 hours ago
- Weather improves in Uttarakhand as army and ITBP personnel launch biggest rescue mission in recent times - 6 hours ago
- Confident India take on resurgent Sri Lanka in Champions Trophy semi-final - 1 day ago
- World Bank says India in for big climate change - 6 hours ago