Sony India today introduced Xperia T2 Ultra designed specifically for customers in China, the Middle East, Africa and the Asia Pacific rim. Xperia T2 Ultra is an Android smartphone that comes loaded with Sony's enhanced “selfie” app Portrait retouch.
Xperia T2 Ultra has a 6” HD IPS TRILUMINOS display which extends to within 2.5 mm of the phone’s edges. This means that it has a screen to phone size ratio of 73.6%, ensuring that the phone is no wider than a standard credit card. It weighs 173 ± 1g depending on variant differences and fits in a jacket pocket.
Sony claims it has ensured that it is ready to go the distance by incorporating a battery-efficient processor and massive 3000 mAh battery, coupled with Sony’s Battery STAMINA Mode that automatically turns off functions to save power when you don’t need them and restarts them when you do.
Xperia T2 Ultra features a 13 megapixel camera that works with the new smart social camera ecosystem.
The smart social camera system allows developers to create camera add-ons that extend functionality. Apps available at launch will include:
• Collage: Allows you to drop images directly into creative photo collages by changing formats, layouts and backgrounds
• Background defocus: Create stunning images full of depth by separating foreground elements and burring the background
• Timeshift burst: Ensures you get the perfect photo every time by taking 31 photos within two seconds, both before and after you press the shutter. You can then scroll through them afterwards to select the perfect shot.
• Sweep Panorama: Snap amazing and seamless panoramas easily. Take a snap then sweep the phone in a direction you set to capture wide-angle panoramas.
These will feature alongside a growing number of third party applications available through the Sony Select app store and accessible directly from the camera app on Xperia T2 Ultra. Already the smart social camera includes apps for services like Evernote and Sphere.
Variant in India: Xperia T2 Ultra dual (the only variant available in India) offers a new experience through the incorporation of Sony’s latest generation of dual SIM mobile technology. Users can set up both SIM cards independently with custom ring tones and one-touch switching between SIMs before making calls or sending texts. Sony’s dual SIM management technology means that users can keep both SIMs active, never missing a call, even whilst talking on one of them.
Key specs for Xperia T2 Ultra
• 6” HD IPS display (720p) with TRILUMINOSTM and Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 for mobile
• 13 MP camera with flash and Exmor RS for mobile
• 1.1 Mp front facing camera with Exmor R
• Access to Sony’s “one-touch” ecosystem of 132 NFC connected accessories
• Snapdragon Quad-core 1.4 GHz processor with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of on board storage (Micro SD slot expandable up to 32GB)
• Large 3000 mAh embedded battery with Battery STAMINA Mode
Xperia T2 Ultra Dual will be available at all Sony Centers, Xperia Flagship stores and major electronic stores across India.