The Z1S will be exclusively launched on T-Mobile in United States.
Sony Xperia Z1S
According to the company, the new device can withstand immersion in water as deep as 4.5 feet for 30 minutes
Sony also improved on the water-sealed design by making the headphone connector waterproof too, so there's no need for rubber cover like the one that was needed for Xperia Z. There's also a dedicated camera button, enabling underwater photography.
The phone was unveiled at CES 2014 in Las Vegas.
* 5-inch display just like the Xperia Z
* The resolution of the camera has increased to 20.7MP, from 13MP in the Z. It also includes a 2-megapixel front-facing camera
* Physical button for picture-taking underwater
* 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974 processor along with 2GB of RAM
* 32GB of inbuilt storage, although no word on expandable storage
* 3000mAh battery
* Connectivity options on the Xperia Z1 include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, Xperia Link and 3G
Preorders for the Sony Xperia Z1S begin on January 13, and the phone officially goes on sale January 22. The phone will cost $528 ( roughly Rs 37,500) through T-Mobile, paid through 24 monthly installments of $22.
Sony Xperia Z1C
The Japanese tech giant has not revealed the pricing of the Xperia Z1 Compact as of now.
However, the company has revealed that the Xperia Z1 Compact will be placed between the Xperia Z1 and the previous Xperia Z smartphone variants.
* 4.3-inch Triluminos HD (1,280×720 pixels) display with X-Reality engine for mobiles and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor clocked at 2.2GHz.
* 2GB of RAM
* 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded to up to 64GB using a microSD card
* 2,300mAh battery with Stamina mode and is waterproof and dustproof like other recent Xperia smartphones.
* It includes a 20.7-megapixel Exmor RS sensor, BIONZ processing engine and LED flash, supplemented with a 2-megapixel camera at the front.
* Connectivity options include 3G support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS and on the software front, it runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
The availability of the device in the market is awaited.