Micromax announced its plans to expand business with its roll out of two smartphones in the Russian market.
The company will introduce its Canvas Beat and Canvas Social smartphones in Russia to register its aggressive presence in the country through more than 9000+ sales outlets in partnership with the VVP Group with a network across 60 cities.
Both the smartphones are now listed on Micromax's Russian site.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Rahul Sharma, co-founder, Micromax said, "As we look to take Micromax to key international markets, we are excited to announce our foray into the Russian mobile handset market which has immense potential not only for smartphones and features phones, but also for innovative tablets and data products. Our initial focus in the Russian market is to replicate the success witnessed in our other markets in the last couple of years."
Micromax is India’s leading and world’s 11th largest handset maker.
Making its global ambitions clear with this move, they also said it is targeting to be among the top four brands by the end of 2014 in Russia.
Key specs of Canvas Beat
* Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
* Dual-SIM phablet (GSM+GSM)
* 5-inch qHD (540x960 pixels) IPS display
* 1.2GHz quad-core Broadcom BCM23550 processor along with 1GB of RAM.
* 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera accompanied by flash, 2-megapixel front-facing camera
* 4GB inbuilt storage, with no word on expandable storage
* 900mAh battery
Ket specs of Canvas Social
* 4.50 inch display
* 1.2GHz processor
* 4GB internal storage with 512MB RAM
* Expandabale memory upto 32GB
* 1800mAh battery
* 5 megapixel front and rear camera
* 480x854 pixels resolution
Micromax claims that its service infrastructure across Russia is ready, and that it plans to have more than 60 operational service centres by the end of January. It will also have exclusive service centers in strategic cities in Russia as the brand strengthens its presence across the country.