Mark Zuckerberg says no plans for Snapchat purchase, 'done for a while' after WhatsApp deal

Tuesday, 25 February 2014 - 11:13am IST | Agency: ANI
  • Mark Zuckerberg Mark Zuckerberg Reuters

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has reportedly said that he has no plans for bidding again for Snapchat's acquisition after the recent multi-billion WhatsApp deal.

During a keynote event at the ongoing Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, Zuckerberg initially ignored the question about bidding on Snapchat again, but when pressed further, he said simply said 'no'.

According to Mashable, he said, "after buying a company for 16 billion dollars (additional 3 billion dollars in RSUs), you're probably done for awhile."

Facebook had been eyeing Snapchat for quite some time, but post the mega WhatsApp's deal, analysts said that an offer from Facebook for the photo sharing service was more unlikely now, because the founders of WhatsApp have openly criticised Snapchat.

It is said that Snapchat had turned down a 3 billion dollar acquisition offer from Facebook back in November, and Snapchat cofounder and CEO Evan Spiegel later acknowledged that there had been some offer, and said he was more focused on trying to "build a business." 


Jump to comments

Around the web