- Riding on a 31% year-on-year increase, India’s online population grew to 73.9 million. With an extended online universe in excess of 145 million the market is at a tipping point for online businesses.
- Younger males and women aged 35-44 emerge as power users
- Three-quarters of India’s online population is under 35.
- Males in the segment and women aged 35-44 are amongst the heaviest users
- Social networks capture the largest percentage of consumers’ time in the region.
- Facebook continues to be the number one social network in India with a 28% increase in traffic and a reach of 86%.
- On an average, 217 minutes are spent on Facebook every month by Indian users
- LinkedIn emerges as number two, while Pinterest and Tumblr are the fastest growing networks.
- The online video audience in India grew an astounding 27 percent in the past year, YouTube continues to be the top video property with more than 55% share.
- International publishers including Facebook, Yahoo and Dailymotion get a majority of the 54 million who watched videos.
- Local content is distributed mainly through the Youtube platform dominated by Bollywood.
- Indian blogging audience grew 48%, close to 36 million.
- 26% blog traffic from mobile and tablets
- Non-PC traffic in India zooms ahead, grows from 10.9% to 14.2% in 2013
-31% year-on-year growth makes India the fastest growing online population in Asia Pacific, 2nd in the world behind Brazil
India overtook Japan by adding 17.6 million users in the past year
Females comprise 39 % of the Indian Internet population. Indian women spend less time online than men.
More details on the report soon.