https://securityinabox.org/ is pretty good (and also Indian based, at least in part).
Tactical Technology Collective - Me and My Shadow: <https://myshadow.org/#>
Tactical Technology Collective - Quick Guide to Alternatives (to Evade Online Surveillance): <https://alternatives.tacticaltech.org/>
Tactical Technology Collective - Security-in-a-Box:
FLOSS Manuals - How to Bypass Internet Censorship?
FLOSS Manuals - An Open Web <https://flossmanuals.net/an-open-web/>
FLOSS Manuals - Basic Internet Security
How to encrypt:
SMS content can be made more secure by using software like TextSecure (on Android) or CryptoSMS (Symbian), but SMS metadata (whom you are sending it to, at what time) are still trackable.
Run OpenVPN over 3G connections. Even Tor can be used over 3G connections.
It is possible to make encrypted voice calls between two phones, using voice-over-IP in the form of SIP (to make the call, using a service like Ostel.co - https://ostel.co ) over ZRTP (for encryption) (so both phones need internet connectivity).
Using "Off the Record" encryption, with software like Xabber (Android), ChatSecure (iOS), Pidgin (Windows, Linux), and Adium (Mac OSX) is the easiest of these forms of encryption for Internet chatting.
For e-mail, uing OpenPGP in conjunction with Thunderbird can encrypt mails form Gmail/Yahoo Mail/Live Mail, etc., such that even Google, Yahoo and Microsoft can't read them.
For web browsing, use a VPN (which will hide your traffic from your ISP), or Tor (which will help anonymise your traffic, but will make your connection slower).
Instead of Whatsapp, install jabbir and add off the record encryption (install plug in).
- BlackBerry rejects Justin Beiber's '$200,000, 20 phones' brand ambassador proposal
- Facebook's 'high quality' News Feed tweaking decoded!
- Microsoft releases new Bing Maps app preview for Windows 8.1
- Apple iPad Air launch: Mumbaikars queue up to buy the device
- Google+ rolls out tool to add 'snowflake effect' to photos
- Yahoo acquires online live concert service Evntlive
- Google likely to launch Android-based 'Nexus TV'
- Microsoft working on a smart bra that detects breast cancer and measures moods
- Google voice search on Android, iOS to answer queries in French, German, Japanese
- E-mail authentication reduces phishing scams: Google
dna exclusive: Geeks have a solution to digital surveillance in India: Cryptography
New method proposed to predict solar flares
- Sofia Hayat eliminated from 'Bigg Boss 7' - 6 hours ago
- Sunil Grover's show at the same time as Kapil Sharma's? - 16 hours ago
- I'm not here to make friends: Kareena Kapoor after hearing Ranbir Kapoor's statement - 12 hours ago
- 'Jai Ho' new poster: Salman Khan's favourite Sana Khan gets two back-to-back posters - 12 hours ago
- Indian television and film actor Vinay Apte no more, fans on Twitter mourn - 7 hours ago