Kairi Panha (Raw Mango Juice)
Raw mangoes - 6
Sugar - 1 Cup
Salt - ½ tsp
Cardamom powder -½ tsp
- Peel raw mangoes, cook them in 3-4 cups of water.
- Cool the mixture & remove the seed. Mash and make a pulp.
- Put mango pulp in a blender. Add sugar, salt & cardamom powder. Blend well till mixture is frothy.
- While serving, fill glass with half pulp. Add Chilled water, stir well & serve.
Fresh lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Fresh lime juice - 1 tbsp
Fresh cucumber juice - 1/4 cup Thin slice of cucumber - 1 (for garnish)
Finely chopped dill 1/4 tsp
Agave Syrup - 2 tbsp
Dill sprig 1 (for garnish)
- Press the cucumber slice against the inside of a chilled highball glass and add ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the chopped dill, agave syrup, lemon and lime juices and 1 tbsp of water until the syrup is dissolved.
- Add ice, then add the cucumber juice, shake well.
- Strain into the prepared glass and stir in the soda.
- Garnish with the dill sprig.
Fresh strawberries - 100 gram
Fresh watermelon - 100 gram
Watermelon ball (for garnish)
Any preferred sweetener Ice
Blend all ingredients well and serve chilled
Orange & Cumin Cooler
Fresh orange juice - 1 cup
Roasted cumin seeds (for garnish)
- Blend freshly squeezed orange juice, roasted cumin seeds and ice together
- Garnish with chopped roasted cumin seeds, serve chilled.
Watermelon & Feta Cheese Cooler
Fresh red watermelon - 25 gram
Feta cheese slices
Basil leaves cubes of ice
- Blend fresh watermelon, ice cubes and feta cheese together.
- Cut the basil leaves into fine juliennes.
- Garnish with fine juliennes of basil and serve chilled.
Fresh oranges - 3
Fennel (bulb top fringe removed) - 1
Butter head lettuce - 2
Radicchio head - 1
Raspberry white balsamic vinegar - 2 tbsp
White wine vinegar - 1 tbsp
Minced shallot - 1
Fresh orange juice - 1/3 cup
Sea salt - 1 tsp
Black pepper - ¼ tsp
Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Peel and cut out orange segments. Squeeze left-over membranes and reserve juice for vinaigrette.
- Using a mandolin slicer, carefully slice fennel bulb, paper thin, horizontally.
- Remove core from lettuces and tear into bite size pieces.
- For citrus vinaigrette, combine shallot, vinegars, orange juice, salt and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Slowly add olive oil, while whisking, until well incorporated.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together lettuces, fennel, orange segments, and the vinaigrette, and serve
Berry Delicious Summer Salad
Mixed salad greens - 8 cups
Crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese - 1/2 cup
Chopped and toasted walnuts or pecans - 1/4 cup
- Toss all the ingredients together and drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette and serve.
Arugula lettuce - 100 gram
Strawberry - 25 gram
Musk melon - 25 gram
Kiwi - 20 gram
Watermelon - 20 gram
Fig - 1
White onion - 10 gram
Cider vinegar - 15 ml
Orange juice - 10 ml
Pear - 1/2
Kecap Soy - 20 ml
Salad oil - 50 ml
Dijon mustard - 1 gram
Castor sugar - 20 gram
White pepper powder - 1 pinch
Lemon juice - 2tsp
Toasted sesame seed - 1 pinch
- Wash and clean arugula lettuce in chilled water. Cut strawberry, musk melon, kiwi and watermelon, keep aside.
- Blend peeled white onion, pear, cider vinegar, orange juice, Kecap soy, salad oil, mustard, sugar and pepper powder.
- In a clean bowl, toss washed lettuce, strawberry, musk melon, watermelon and kiwi with a pinch of salt, pepper, lemon juice and salad oil.
- Place it in platter, and drizzle the blended dressing over the salad.
- Garnish with fig and toasted sesame seed.
Grilled Watermelon & Feta Salad
Fresh red water melon
Feta cheese - 50 gram
Olive oil - 30 ml
Balsamic vinegar - 10 ml
Mix lettuce - 80 gram
Oregano - 1 pinch
Salt - to taste
Black pepper - to taste
- Peel the skin of watermelon, cut two round slices of water melon with the width of 1.5cm approx. Try and remove out the seeds.
- Marinate the slices of watermelon with olive oil, salt and balsamic vinegar.
- Grill a side of a watermelon slices on a hot griller till you get a good grill marks.
- After grilling keep it aside to chill.
- Crumble the feta cheese and marinate with olive oil and oregano.
- Fill the marinated feta cheese in between the slices of watermelon like sandwich.
- Toss the mix lettuce in a mixing bowl with vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- On a salad plate put the tossed salad as a bed and place the grilled water melon and feta sandwich on top.
- Serve cold.