Pune: Making it clear that the high alert announced in Pune was part of a nationwide alert at the time of 26/11 gunner Ajmal Kasab’s hanging, Union home minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday said that Pune is safe now and there is no intelligence input of any concern even during the elections.
While addressing a press conference, Shinde said that the law and order situation has improved during his tenure as home minister and the UPA rule.
He said that all the major operatives of Indian Mujaheedin have been nabbed and infiltration as well as Naxalism have reduced. “The situation in North East is also under control and has been peaceful for quite some time.”
Shinde added that alert was announced before the Muzaffarnagar riots and he had given a statement after the riots that there were a few people involved in it.
“Union government is ready for the polls and the para-military forces are ready to tackle any situation,” he said.
On Dabholkar case
While replying to a question on the Dabholkar murder case, Shinde said, “I had said earlier that some clues have been found and this was based on the information provided to me from here. I am not aware as to what is the development in the investigation.” When asked as to whether Narendra Dabholkar murder case be handed over to CBI, Shinde said, “It is for the state government to decide.”