Procedure for voting
- Go to a polling booth and search for your name in the voters list.
- Voter will have to show the identity proof and he or she will have to sign against his or her name in the list.
- Polling officer will apply ink on the index finger of voter’s left hand.
- After applying ink, the polling officer will activate the EVM by pressing one button and it will give a beep signal to indicate that EVM is ready for voter to cast vote.
- The voter will have to go to a EVM and press the button given in front of the name and symbol of the candidate. After pressing the button, the EVM will give a Beep signal which indicates that the vote has been cast.
* Study the profiles of all the candidates of your constituency before voting for any candidate.
* Go the nearest polling booth and check your name and the number in the voters list.
* If your name is mentioned in the voters list, you need not have voters card with you. Make sure that you carry one of the 11 documents prescribed by election commission as identity proof
* If you face any problem with the electronic voting machine, give a written complaint to the polling officer regarding the problem
* After casting your vote, encourage others to cast votes as well.
* The holiday is announced for citizens to vote, so do not utilize this holiday for a picnic, instead of voting.
* While casting your vote, do not press the button twice given on the EVM.
* Do not believe in rumors about vandalism or riots. In case you come across such rumors contact police.
* Once you cast your vote, do not disclose the name of the candidate to whom you have given your precious vote as it can influence other voters also.