It started off some kind of sparking in a set of wires in the server room in our office. Since the staff is trained to deal with such fires, they started to douse it, but, suddenly, the fire just shot up and started to spread through the wires. There are about 25 to 35 staff members in the Concor office at any point of time. As soon as the fire started shooting up, everyone was told to evacuate.
Thanks to the wide corridors and the fact that the flight of stairs is close to the entrance, people were able to move out before the fire spread. The fire brigade was called in time and officials did a prompt job of bringing the blaze under control.
Fortunately, there were no injuries. The damage to office equipment, among others, will need to be assessed after the fire brigade's operation is over.
(Mudegrikar lost his passport and educational certificates in the fire. A 1990 batch Indian Railway Traffic Service officer, he is an IIT-B alumnus, has a degree in public administration from Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, and has also studied in Syracuse University, US.)