Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Moday Sitaram Kunte as the new Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) commissioner.
Kunte, currently the Principal Secretary and Development Commissioner (Planning) will replace Subodh Kumar, who retires today after getting a three-month extension.
Principal Secretary (General Administration Department) K P Bakshi will replace Kunte.
Bakshi will hold additional charge of his current posting in GAD till further orders, sources said.
Kunte has served as Principal secretary (Housing), MHADA Vice President, and BMC Additional Commissioner.
- The ethnic contortionist
- As downtown gears up for Zambhala
- A lesson in efficient management
- More than child's play
- Unity in diversity
- What is in your winter wardrobe?
- Be a good citizen and vote
- A cop who hunted down hunters
- dna exclusive: Civic school devises a thousand ways of learning
- BASF India Ltd's flagship Kids' Lab comes to Navi Mumbai
Abu Azmi sentenced to 2-year jail term
Swabhimaan Sanghatan not to celebrate Maharashtra Day on Tuesday
- Delhi LIVE: BJP rejects offer to form government, Lt Governor invites Aam Aadmi Party for discussions - 17 hours ago
- Sreesanth ties knot with Jaipur princess - 1 day ago
- Bigg Boss 7: Sunny Leone to turn up the heat as Armaan, Kushaal, Sangram & Ajaz vie for her attention - 17 hours ago
- Former Bigg Boss inmate Sofia Hayat files complaint against Armaan Kohli - 22 hours ago
- A sad day for India and for the world: American LGBT organisation All Out - 1 day ago