Home »  News »  India »  Mumbai

No response to BMC's Campa Cola demolition tenders

Wednesday, 21 May 2014 - 6:35am IST | Agency: dna

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has, so far, not received any response for the tenders it floated to raze the unauthorised portions of the Campa Cola Compound buildings. Residents are supposed to vacate the flats in the next 10 days as per the deadline set by Supreme Court.

After the previous tender lapsed, the civic body had once again invited tenders to demolish the 90-plus illegal flats for Rs2.2 crore a couple of weeks ago.

Civic officials, however, said they would go ahead with the demolition process, even though it takes a couple of months to appoint a contractor.

Additional municipal commissioner (city) Mohan Adtani said once residents vacate the flats by May 31, BMC will start with the demolition process. "Once they vacate, it should not matter whether we carry out the demolition during monsoon or after that," he added.

He said a further decision in this regard will be taken after May 26.

BMC plans to bring down slabs and internal walls with the help of its staffers.

"The structural stability of the buildings will not be affected. We will shut operation of lifts in the buildings and bring down water tanks up to sixth floor," an official said.




Jump to comments

RELATED