Home »  News »  India »  Mumbai

Murder in Malad: 4 killed in bar fight

Tuesday, 7 June 2011 - 12:59am IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: dna

A bar sprawl over a trivial issue turned fatal on Saturday when four youngsters were brutally murdered in Kurar village, Malad (East).

A bar sprawl over a trivial issue turned fatal on Saturday when four youngsters were brutally murdered in Kurar village, Malad (East). It all started when one group of people accused the other of staring at them while drinking. The altercation led to a well hatched out and planned revenge plot, where the other group were lured into a remote forest and killed.

The battered and mutilated bodies of the four were found on Monday afternoon, in a nullah around three kilometres inside the jungle area of Appapada in Malad.

The police have identified  one accused as Uday Pathak, a resident of Shivaji Nagar area in Kurar, who is currently absconding. “We have identified three accused but looking at the nature of the crime it appears that there could be more than 7 to 8 accused involved in the murder,” said additional commissioner of police, Ramrao Pawar of (North region). A manhunt has been launched for the remaining accused.

The deceased have been identified as Dinesh Ahire, 23, Ganesh Karanje, 23, Bharat Pudle, 28 and Chetan Dhule, 24; all residents of Santarampada, Kurar.

According to the police, the incident was a result of a major fight between two groups. On Saturday, Pudle who worked in a water purifier company, went with his friend Sachin to collect money from a clinic where he had sold a water purifier. “Pudle went inside while Sachin stood outside. Pathak and his group who were drinking outside an adjacent bar, reportedly got angry because Sachin was staring at them and got into an altercation with him,” said a police officer from Kurar police station.

“On of them assaulted Sachin with a bottle on his head. Hearing the commotion, Pudle came out and there was a heavy exchange of blows. Pathak and his gang parted, threatening revenge,” the officer said.

The revenge plan was made immediately. “They [Pathak and his friends] sent a person to Pudle’s friend, Dhule’s house and on the pretext of hiring his orchestra services, he was lured out of his house. Then he was abducted and confined in an isolated room,” the officer said.

The accused the using Dhule’s phone and imitating him, called up Pudle and two other friends Karanje and Ahire, asking them to come to a particular hotel. Karanje and Ahire rushed to the hotel and on reaching there were beaten up. When Pudle reached, the gang confined all four to a room.

In a semi conscious state, the accused took them to an isolated forest area in Appapada, slit their throats and smashed their heads with stones. They removed their clothes and dumped their bodies in a nullah,” the officer said.

Jump to comments

Recommended Content