Mumbai Police, which is probing the gangrape of a 23-year-old photojournalist here, on Monday said it has recovered two more mobile phones carried by the accused during the ghastly crime.
"Two more mobile phones of the arrested accused have been seized from the city during the investigation. These two mobiles were carried by the accused while they were committing the crime," said a senior police official, investigating the case.
Police had earlier recovered two phones of the accused, including one that had been used to click a photograph of the victim after the sexual assault. But the photo was deleted on the night of the crime itself. All the five accused had carried mobiles with them, police said.
The young scribe was gangraped on August 22 evening when she had gone to the Shakti Mills compound in Lower Parel with a male colleague on an assignment.
All the five accused — Salim Ansari, Vijay Jadhav, Mohammed Kasim ,Hafiz Shaikh alias Kasim Bengali and Siraj Rehman Khan and a minor — were arrested in the case and are currently in police custody of the crime branch.