MUMBAI: The Hilal Committee of Mumbai, an apex body which declares the festival date for the Muslim religion, on Saturday announced the sighting of moon and said the festival of Eid in the state will be celebrated on Sunday.
''The moon was sighted today at 18:45 hrs. So, Eid will be celebrated tomorrow on Sunday,'' Abdul Salam Tungekar, secretary of the Mumbai Riwayat-e-Hial Committee, said.
The sigthing of the moon marks the end of the holi month of Ramzan, during which the Muslim across the globe go on fasting for all 29/30 days, depending upon the appearance of the moon.
- Navi Mumbai: HSC online registration date extended
- Navi Mumbai: Music and cinema rule Day 1 of Mindscape 2013
- Navi Mumbai: 6 re-tenderings for 1 project, and 0 result!
- NMMC's waste collection proposal is perfect
- Pargaon GP elections put airport PAPs' issues on the back burner
- Borivli family assaults Congress corporator
- Silver-winning Sanjeevani Jadhav from Maharashtra at Olympiad wants to become civil servant
- Navi Mumbai: ITF tourney debuts in satellite city
- Civic body to rope in Maharashtra Security Corporation for efficient demolition
- Opposition parties questions Maharashtra government on Sanjay Dutt's parole grounds
- Delhi Assembly elections result 2013: BJP, AAP war it out, Sheila Dikshit silently retreats - 16 hours ago
- Madhya Pradesh assembly elections won by BJP, Congress loses by a wide margin - 15 hours ago
- Chhattisgarh Assembly elections result 2013 - BJP defeats Congress in Chhattisgarh riding on Raman Singh's popularity - 16 hours ago
- Assembly elections 2013: Counting underway in four states amid tight security - 22 hours ago
- Vin Diesel says Paul Walker was his other half - 18 hours ago