According to sources, BMC will also apprise the court about the resistance it faced from the residents. The report will likely be submitted on Monday, during the hearing of an earlier petition by the flat owners.
The apex court had in February last year ordered the demolition of illegal flats in seven buildings. After repeated delays due to pleas by the residents in court and extensions, the BMC undertook the first phase of its work between June 20 and 27.
Again, residents put up resistance, preventing the civic teams from entering the premises for two days. Subsequently water, power and gas supplies to the flats were cut off.
The BMC even lodged an FIR against 30 residents on charges of obstructing public servants form doing their duty.
"We are moving before SC on Monday," an official said.
The civic body has invited tenders to appoint contractors to demolish the illegal flats. "We are planning to get labourers to demolish the internal walls. We will take a call next week on when to begin the second phase of the work," the official said.