The skywalk which is to connect the Swami Vivekanand Road with the Bandra railway station will not be functional for another month. The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) is still awaiting clearance from the Western Railways.
"As per the guidelines, we have paid Rs13.5 lakh as the estimate and supervision charges to carry out work inside the railway premises. However, it has been almost 22 days and we are yet to get a formal letter from the railway authority," said a senior MMRDA official.
When contacted, CP Sharma, divisional railway manager, western railways, "There is no question of the railways not giving permission. We have just suggested a few modifications in the designs."
- Navi Mumbai: Music and cinema rule Day 1 of Mindscape 2013
- Navi Mumbai: ITF tourney debuts in satellite city
- Civic body to rope in Maharashtra Security Corporation for efficient demolition
- Borivli family assaults Congress corporator
- Navi Mumbai: 6 re-tenderings for 1 project, and 0 result!
- Navi Mumbai: HSC online registration date extended
- NMMC's waste collection proposal is perfect
- Silver-winning Sanjeevani Jadhav from Maharashtra at Olympiad wants to become civil servant
- Opposition parties questions Maharashtra government on Sanjay Dutt's parole grounds
- Pargaon GP elections put airport PAPs' issues on the back burner
- Delhi Assembly elections result 2013: BJP, AAP war it out, Sheila Dikshit silently retreats - 5 hours ago
- Live! Big win for BJP in Assemly Elections, rout for Congress - 23 hours ago
- Sofia Hayat eliminated from 'Bigg Boss 7' - 20 hours ago
- LIVE Madhya Pradesh Assembly election result 2013: BJP triumphs with 162 seats while Congress loses again - 4 hours ago
- Chhattisgarh Assembly elections result 2013 - BJP-Congress fight a see-saw battle; BJP ahead with 47 seats, Congress trails at 40 - 6 hours ago