Home »  News »  India »  Mumbai

Aurangabad arms haul: FIR submitted in court

Wednesday, 3 September 2014 - 7:40am IST | Agency: DNA

The prosecution in the Aurangabad arms haul case on Tuesday submitted an FIR in a special MCOCA court regarding the accused who allegedly escaped from a train last week.

The court was presided over by judge GT Kadri.

The accused had escaped while coming to Mumbai by train from West Bengal. He was accompanied by police escorts.

When the defence advocates in the case asked the court if the trial can be conducted in absence of the accused, the court maintained that it would decide on the issue on September 5.

When dna contacted special public prosecutor Vaibhav Bagade, he said: "Today, the prosecution produced the FIR copy of the accused who allegedly went absconding last week.

In regards to the defence advocates' application, the prosecution is likely to file its reply on September 5, and the court would accordingly, after hearing the arguments advanced by the prosecution and defence, pass orders on the application," said Bagade.

The absconding accused, Shaikh Abdul Naim, was arrested in 2007 from West Bengal and made an accused in Makkah Masjid Blast (2007) in Hyderabad, Aurangabad Arms Haul case (2006) in Mumbai and in the fake passport case in West Bengal and two other cases.

As per the investigating agency's claim, Naim was in the custody of West Bengal police, when he escaped. However, when the WB police were accompaning him from Kolkata in the Howrah-Mumbai superfast train, Naim allegedly jumped from the train when it got slow between Kharsiya and Shakti railway stations in Chhattisgarh.
 




Jump to comments

RELATED